Dr. Perera is an expert in international law, political risk insurance, investment arbitration, and arbitration, serving as International Legal Consultant for Transnational Matters’ arbitration cases.
- a member of the Panel of Arbitrators and Conciliators of the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- appointed by the Government of Sri Lanka to the Panel of Arbitrators and Conciliators of Sri Lanka, of the prestigious International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) in Washington DC.
- a member of the Distinguished Panel of Arbitrators of the Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC) and a member of the Panel of Arbitrators of the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- teaches in the LLM program at University of Miami
- Download Dr. Perera’s Resume
- former professor at American University’s College of Law in D.c. and
- former chief counsel in the Legal and Claims Department of the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) of the World Bank Group
- former Acting Vice President and General Counsel of MIGA
- served as Legal Counsel with the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal in the Hague, Netherlands.
- LL.B from the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, a JD (equivalency) from the Sri Lanka Law College
- Master’s Degree from the School of Advanced International Studies from the Johns Hopkins University
- PH.D from Georgetown University, Washington DC.
- “The Investor-State Dispute Settlement System – Reform, Replace or Status Quo?” edited by Alan Anderson & Ben Beaumont
- The International Law Commission’s Articles on State Responsibility by James Crawford