Technological innovation, free trade agreements, and investment treaties have made the world a smaller place – navigating the contemporary global landscape presents challenges to multinational corporations, sovereign nations, and non-governmental organizations. When disputes arise, having aggressive global advocacy is essential.
Transnational Matters is a legal practice focused on international arbitration, cross-border solutions, and business litigation.
Based in Miami, Our firm has successfully represented clients for complex transnational arbitration and litigation across multiple big cities, including:
- New York
- Washington D.C.
- Mexico City
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- The Hague
When businesses are involved in high-stakes cross-border disputes or need advice and counsel on complying with international treaties and conventions, they turn to Transnational Matters. Our multilingual team has a proven history of achieving positive outcomes and is committed to your success.
Protecting Your Foreign Investment
An overview of investment protection treaties and how to commence an arbitration proceeding against a government with the International Center of Investment and Settlement Dispute. View the webinar recording or download the presentation slides here.
in International Arbitration
At Transnational Matters, we design innovative strategies for clients facing complex international arbitrations, court challenges, and enforcement actions. Our international arbitration attorneys regularly represent private corporations, state-owned enterprises, governments and investors in arbitration venues around the world, including:
- The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- The International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- The International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- The Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- The American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- The Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- The Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC)
- Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA-CPA)
We regularly advise clients on all aspects of international arbitration, from drafting arbitration clauses to representing claimants and respondents in institutional and ad hoc arbitral proceedings and assisting parties in enforcing and challenging arbitration awards under the New York Convention.
Our transnational law attorneys bring a deep understanding of foreign cultures, laws, and the procedural rules of international arbitration forums and work to resolve cross-border commercial and investment disputes swiftly and efficiently. Above all, we work closely with clients to achieve their objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Transnational Matters regularly represents private parties, sovereign governments, and state-owned enterprises in cross-border and international commercial litigation in judicial forums in the United States and abroad. While we prefer to resolve cross-border disputes through arbitration, we are well-prepared to develop and implement an effective litigation strategy.
Our transnational attorneys have extensive experience prosecuting and defending international litigation cases involving:
- Act of State Doctrine
- Alien Tort Claims Act (ACTA)
- Commercial fraud
- Conflicts of law
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Foreign employment and labor disputes
- Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA)
- International intellectual property disputes (trademarks, patents, copyrights)
- International mass torts
- Money laundering
- RICO claims
- U.S. government seizures
- Trading with the Enemies Act
- White collar crimes
- Breach of contract
- Joint ventures
We regularly collaborate with foreign local counsel to coordinate and manage multijurisdictional litigation and work closely with clients through all aspects of cross-border disputes. We have an impressive track record of securing injunctive and other interim relief in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions and enforcing judgments and arbitral awards. Given the complex substantive and procedural issues involved in international litigation, having the powerful representation our firm provides is crucial.
Transnational Matters regularly advises clients on a wide range of international concerns, including:
- Foreign direct investments
- Investor concessions
- Foreign and domestic joint ventures
- Import/export laws
- Mergers and acquisitions
- International maritime issues
- International Trade and Treaty Law
- Transnational project planning
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) filings
- International licensing agreements
Above all, we counsel clients on mitigating the risk of cross-border disputes, avoiding international litigation, resolving disputes through international arbitration, and, when necessary, prosecuting and defending international litigation. When you work with us, we will leverage our skills and resources to help you achieve your objectives in the global marketplace.
"*" indicates required fields
Whether you are involved in a high-stakes cross-border dispute or need advice on complex international trade and treaty laws, Transnational Matters is a strategic choice.
Miami, FL 33137
Call our office 305.417.9866