Every organization relies on sensitive business and personal information about clients, business partners, contractors, patients, donors, and employees. Protecting this information from cyber-attacks and data breaches requires the advice and counsel of an experienced cyber law attorney. That’s where Transnational Matters comes in.
We advise businesses, healthcare providers, tech companies, universities, and governments in the U.S. and around the world on cutting-edge data privacy and cybersecurity issues. Our attorneys have comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of data protection and cyber laws, including:
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Cyber Security Information Sharing Act (CISA)
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA)
- Electronic Communications Protection Act (ECPA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Data privacy and cybersecurity are global issues. From advising boards on managing cyber risks and conducting oversight to developing cyber security policies and programs and responding to cyberattacks, our firm is the trusted choice. Contact our Miami office today to arrange a confidential consultation.
Data privacy is a growing risk for any organization that collects, manages, and maintains business and personal information. Data breaches can damage customer relations, irreparably damage an organization’s reputation, and result in legal liabilities. These risks are compounded by international operations in developing countries that lack data privacy and security laws and standards. With so much at stake, having the strategic representation our firm provides is crucial. Our services include:
- Assessing data risks
- Developing and maintaining data privacy and security programs
- Planning responses to data breaches
- Conducting data privacy compliance reviews
Our internationally-recognized team of data privacy professionals works closely with clients to identify risks and liabilities and proactively defend against data and privacy breaches.
Mitigating the risk of cyber breaches must be a core objective of any business or organization, regardless of size. At Transnational Matters, we work with clients to develop and implement policies and procedures that reflect their business needs. We can assist with:
- Advising boards of directors and executives on oversight duties and governance structures
- Preparing, reviewing, and implementing cybersecurity policies and programs
- Developing and implementing data breach response plans and procedures
- Advising on applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including GLBA, HIPAA, CISA, CFAA, ECPA, FERPA, and GDPR
- Protecting and managing information assets
- Addressing data privacy and cybersecurity issues in mergers and acquisitions
- Conducting complex litigation and arbitration in connection with data breaches and privacy claims
- Reviewing and advising on cybersecurity insurance policies
At Transnational Matters, we develop custom solutions to our clients’ privacy, data protection, and information management challenges and help them develop business practices that avoid costly legal and regulatory exposure.
International Privacy and Data Protection
Privacy and data protection laws vary from country to country, posing complex challenges for transnational companies in complying with privacy laws in all jurisdictions in which they operate. Our attorneys have extensive experience working with data privacy and protection laws of the European Union (including the GDPR), Asia, Brazil, South Africa, India, Canada, and other countries. We work with our clients to understand and navigate the relevant privacy and data protection requirements and manage the associated risks.
Why Choose Us?
At Transnational Matters, we draw on our experience in international arbitration and litigation to advise businesses and organizations on complex multijurisdictional data privacy and security issues. Our attorneys regularly counsel clients on data-use issues, data transfers, and privacy compliance and conduct comprehensive privacy-cybersecurity risk assessments related to domestic and cross-border transactions. Above all, we have a demonstrated track record of helping our clients navigate complex and rapidly evolving data privacy laws and regulations and resolving high-stakes disputes.
Contact Our Experienced Miami-Based Cyber Law Attorneys
Emerging technologies such as cloud computing, enhanced CPU-to-device interface processors, and data processing units (DPUs) allow for the storage and transfer of vast amounts of data. However, cyberattacks continue to threaten the security and privacy of confidential business and personal information. By working with an experienced cyber law attorney, you can protect your sensitive information from data breaches. Contact Transnational Matters today to learn how we can help.