Running a successful business is no small feat. In addition to facing operational and competitive challenges, a business, whether a family-owned enterprise, a privately held corporation, or a U.S. subsidiary of a foreign entity, will also need to navigate a complex web of local, state, and federal laws. An outside general counsel who has a wealth of experience in representing companies in the United States and abroad can be a tremendous asset in this regard.
At Transnational Matters, our attorneys provide general counsel services for foreign and domestic businesses. Transnational Matters works with a variety of small- and mid-sized businesses that do not have an in-house legal department or full-time general counsel. Our team will take the time to fully understand your business needs and determine the best possible strategy to achieve your goals.
You can depend on us to provide you with the powerful representation you need. Reach out to us today to schedule a confidential consultation.
Transnational Matters General Counsel Services
As a business owner, you can trust our knowledgeable attorneys to assist you with the most common day-to-day legal tasks efficiently and effectively. As your outside general counsel, we can help with the following:
- Business Formation – One of the most important decisions a business makes is its formation. Knowing whether to choose an LLC, Corporation, or another type of business is incredibly important. Choosing the wrong formation can end up causing a lot of issues for you later on.
- Drafting and Negotiating Contracts and Agreements – In any business there are a variety of documents and forms that are essential. Whether your business requires employee contracts and handbooks, customer agreements, government contracts, shareholder negotiations, or waivers, you need to know what these forms should see in order to uphold your business needs.
- Conflict Resolution – Issues abound for even the most responsible business owners. So, knowing how to properly handle them can make all the difference in the world. Whether it’s a breach of contract or a sexual harassment issue, having a knowledgeable attorney who can help you understand what to do next is key.
- Real Estate and Property Disputes – When you have a business location, you will probably require the help of an attorney. Whether you rent a space or own it, a business lawyer can help to negotiate your lease or sale and ensure that you get what you are entitled to.
- Mergers and Acquisitions – Many businesses deal with being acquired by a larger company or buying a competitor company. You’ll want to ensure that you understand the process and carry it out correctly. This requires the assistance of a business lawyer.
- Intellectual Property – Whether you have a copyright, trademark, or patent, you’ll want to protect your intellectual property so that no one else can profit from your hard work. By registering your IP, you not only protect yourself but can also boost your reputation as an expert in your industry.
- Maintain Corporate Books and Stock Records – Understanding your record-keeping responsibilities is necessary, as is carrying them out properly. A qualified attorney can help with this.
- Other Legal Issues – No matter which legal issues arise for your business; you always want to be sure to protect it. Having general counsel that you can call upon during these times can help to keep your business alive and well.
U.S. Counsel Services for Foreign Businesses
If your business is located outside of the United States but you engage in U.S.-based operations, it’s critical that you seek legal counsel from an attorney who understands the complex issues involved. Whether you have ongoing legal issues related to a business expansion or are simply engaged in a singular transaction, the lawyers at Transnational Matters can assist with all of the legal aspects of your American endeavors.
We Offer a Comprehensive Range of General Counsel Solutions
Our firm is dedicated to catering to the diverse legal requirements of businesses through our flexible, on-demand services. We tailor our offerings to align with each client’s specific business goals and objectives by:
- Assisting entrepreneurs and corporate leaders in structuring transactions to optimize profits and minimize tax liabilities and risks, with robust due diligence and transaction support.
- Guiding corporate directors on their legal responsibilities under relevant corporate governance laws, attending board meetings, and preparing resolutions and minutes.
- Facilitating business financing in compliance with state and federal securities regulations.
- Safeguarding clients’ intellectual property, encompassing trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
- Collaborating with business owners on employment law matters, covering compensation, benefits, and non-discrimination policies.
- Negotiating, composing, and examining various business contracts, such as employment agreements, non-compete clauses, confidentiality agreements, sales contracts, insurance policies, and leases.
- Providing counsel for businesses in mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, debt refinancing, and recapitalizations.
- Aiding in the resolution of disputes involving employees, customers, and conflicts among owners, directors, or managers.
Contact Transnational Matters for Both Foreign and Domestic General Counsel Services
When it comes to foreign and domestic businesses, we can assist with your transactions and general corporate needs. We offer hourly and flat rates based on the size and needs of your company for a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time lawyer or team. We would love to discuss your needs with you. Contact our experienced transnational litigation and arbitration attorneys today to schedule a confidential consultation.