Partner of Shandong Win & Win Co. Law Firm
Kevin Liu graduated from World Class Wuhan University School of Law, and obtained Master Degree in international business Law. After more than ten years of attorney practice in Qingdao and Beijing law firms, Kevin becomes a founder and senior partner at Shandong Win & Win Law Firm. Kevin Liu focuses on solving international commercial dispute, emphasis on foreign related matters in the fields of international trade, commercial business dispute, investment issues, and attends litigations at all levels of Chinese court, from local to Supreme Court, and local or national arbitrations centers. Kevin also is excellent professional member of International Commercial Committee of QINGDAO BAR ASSOCIATION, and member of Foreign Dispute Resolution Committee of SHANDONG BAR ASSOCIATION.
Kevin Liu has solved hundreds of complex commercial disputes for domestic and foreign clients from all over the world. With the goal of building friendly and trusted relationship with clients, Kevin Liu is proud to fight hard on behalf of each and every one of clients.
PARTS OF ATTORNEY EXPERIENCE FOR NON-LITIGAION CASES
- Legal consultant for foreign-funded manufacture enterprises in China, such as ST Microelectronics, Lucent Technologies, ect. providing daily consulting, contract draft and review, business consultation, debt collecting, etc. for clients;
- Legal consultant for international trading or shipping companies in China. Providing consulting, law and case analyzing, contract review, debt collection and other consulting services;
- Legal consultant for foreign-funded banking and insurance companies in China, such as Samsung Insurance, HSBC, case analyzing, risk control and prevention, due diligence, dispute solving etc;
- Legal consultant for Chinese listed companies, such as Hair, Hisense, Tsingtao Bear, etc. for investing, mergers and acquisitions in overseas, building factory, equipment renting, material purchasing, etc.;
- Represented foreign companies to solve international trade dispute with Chinese factories or trading companies, such as deposit dispute, cargo quality dispute issue, all kinds of issues through negotiation settlement;
- Settled international Letter of Credit Disputes, acted as attorney for involving civil and criminal cases, the recovered amounts were millions of dollars;
PARTS OF EXPERIENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE CASES
- Represented Italy Company in Liaocheng, and Cangzhou, Hebei province Intermediate Courts and Shandong High Court for international trade dispute in 2008; Italy Company purchased steel pipes from China suppliers. But after receiving cargo, found the serious quality issues. These cases were filed at first courts, and higher courts, full won the cases;
- Represented Germany Company in Qingdao Intermediate Court for international trade dispute in 2010. Germany exported candle machines for Chinese buyer, but because of quality issues, buyer refused to pay the balance. After bring lawsuit in court, at last reached mediation;
- Represented Poland Company in Jinan Intermediate Court for settling the dispute of purchasing steel plate in 2015. Poland Company purchased steel plate from Jinan company, the supplier did not deliver the cargos after received the payment, after pursuing the court procedure, Poland Company get the refund and loses finally;
- Represented Dominican Company in Jining Intermediate Court in 2020, Dominican buyer purchased the 100 tons of garlic from Jining Company, but found the quality was bad before shipping. Through the court procedure, Dominican Company successfully received the refunds with interests;
- Represented Australian Company for the dispute of trucks and tyre in 2021, Australian Company purchased goods from supplier, after received the goods, found serious qualify issues, by court procedure, the court judged the supplier to pay huge compensations to buyer, and buyer were satisfied with the result;
PARTS OF EXPERIENCE FOR COMMERCIAL CASES
- Represented Singapore and Korean companies to collect the debt of supplying bunker oil in Qingdao Maritime court in 2010. Both oil companies supplied fuel bunker to Chinese vessels at sea, but owners failed to pay on time. Brought the cases to court, and seized the property of defendants, recovered of the losses;
- Recognizing and enforcement of foreign arbitration awards in Chinese court in 2012. UK and French Company obtained the foreign arbitration awards, but the defendant failed to perform the obligations in the awards. Successful solving this issue through the court of China;
- Represented Hainan airline company for solving the enforcement of foreign arbitration award in 2016, foreign charter obtained foreign arbitration award, and applied to enforce it in China court, dispute amount was five million dollars, after court hearing and negotiation, successfully settled dispute;
- Represented European company for solving ship building contract dispute in 2018, the Chinese shipyard became bankruptcy, and suspended ship building, foreign buyer claimed ten million dollars, through negotiation tactics and court procedures, successfully solved this case;
- Represented German insurance Company to recover indemnity in China in 2020, German logistics company arranged transportation cargo in China, and occurred accident. Germany insurance paid the damages, then successfully pursued the subrogation from the Chinese insurance company;
- Represented Spain Company for solving the engineering project in 2021, due to epidemic, Chinese factory failed to provide installation and technical service, after pursuing the court and negotiation settlement, the factory performed their obligations at last.
- Qualification of Chinese Law Professional（2008）
- Attorney practice license (2010)
- Wuhan University Law School（2005-2008）
Degree: Master of International Business Law
- Member of Foreign Dispute Resolution Committee of SHANDONG BAR ASSOCIATION
- Member of International Commercial Committee of QINGDAO BAR ASSOCIATION
- Member of the Belt and Road International Lawyers Association (BRIL
- From May, 2017 until now: Senior Partner of Shandong Win & Win Co. Law Firm;
- From Oct, 2014 to Apr 2017: Full time attorney at Beijing Zhong Lun Law Firm;
- From Aug, 2008 to Aug 2014: Full time attorney at Shandong Ya & Tai Law Firm;
- “Comparison and Analysis of Termination International Sales Contract”, published in China foreign commercial and maritime trial analysis, in 2009.
- “Analysis of Anticipated Interests in International Sales Contract”, published in China foreign commercial and maritime trial analysis, in 2011.
- “Analysis of Seizing the Vessel in Foreign Arbitration in Court”, published in China foreign commercial and maritime trial analysis, in 2015.
- “Legal Analysis of Chinese Court Seizes Property for enforcement of Foreign Arbitration”, won prize in International Commercial Committee of QINGDAO BAR ASSOCIATION, in 2019.